Helicopter Dogsled - Herbert Glacier
- Durata: 3 Ore (circa)
- Luogo: Juneau, AK
Dogsledding on the Juneau Icefield is a lifetime experience. This tour flies up over the Mendenhall and Herbert Glaciers to land at the Blue Kennel Dogsled Camp, run by Sebastian Schnulle, Yukon Quest and Iditarod racer.
You will be picked up at your cruise ship dock and transported to the heliport. When you take off, glaciers are seemingly within arm’s reach and the glacier-carved mountains will unfold in front of your eyes as you embark on your helicopter flight over the Juneau Icefield to the dogsled camp. You will be greeted by 80 Alaskan huskies and hear unique personal accounts of the Iditarod, back country experiences and head out with your own team of dogs and personal musher. You’ll have ample photo opportunities and can dress up in original Iditarod Trail dogsled gear and finishing bibs.
- Total Tour time is approximately 3 hours, including ground transport from your cruiseship to heliport
- Actual flight time is 25-30 minutes; time at dogsled camp is approximately 1 hour
- Please choose a tour starting one hour after your ship is scheduled to arrive
- We offer pickups at your ship, at the Mt. Roberts Tramway and the Red Dog Saloon
- Bags can be checked at base; you may have camera around your neck and or in pockets, as you need to have arms free while boarding