Helicopter Glacier Excursion - Herbert
From USD $299.00
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Juneau, AK
Tour DescriptionThis is one of our most popular tours. This helicopter trip takes you up to the Juneau icefield with a special landing chosen by your pilot, who will guide you on the glacier and also take your photos, so that everyone can be in the picture! Our pilots see the glaciers every day and know the best, most interesting formations where you can see moulins, crevasses and blue streams so that you get the most out of your out-of-this world trip up to our amazing icefield and glaciers.
- Total Tour time is 2.5 hours, including ground transport from downtown to heliport
- The tour time is 1 hour with approximately 20-25 minutes; and 25-30 minutes glacier exploration
- We offer pickups at your cruiseship, at the Mt. Roberts Tramway and the Red Dog Saloon
- While on tour, you may have camera around your neck and or in pockets, as you need to have arms free while boarding. Bags or other items may be checked at heliport base.
- Passengers weighting over 280# must upgrade during checkout to a comfort seat for extra space on the aircraft.
- Dress warmly and in layers, as the temperature on the glacier is often colder than you are used to -- typically a few degrees cooler than downtown Juneau.
- You will be outfitted with a glacier over-boot prior to embarking on your trip, please wear rubber soled shoes such as a light hiking boot or athletic shoes to insure a good fit.
Don’t forget your sunglasses, scarf, hat and gloves, and remember to bring your camera with space for lots of pictures!
These tours are for EVERYONE, no minimum fitness level is required. If you have any fitness concerns or special needs, please contact us directly before booking your tour.