Helicopter Dogsled - Mendenhall Glacier
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Juneau, AK
Fly to the Mendhenhall Glacier Dog camp run by Alaska Icefield Expeditions.
Join us as we fly over the lush rainforest, deep blue crevasses and glacier carved peaks as your pilots give you a spectacular flight seeing tour to our Dogsled camp on the Mendenhall Glacier. Here the professional mushers and Alaskan sled dogs will have you driving the team or relaxing in the sled as you take in the awe inspiring scenery. You will have time to talk with the musher’s or take pictures with the dogs before your helicopter takes you back to our base and civilization.
Your time at the dog camp will include instructions on dog sledding, stories about the famous Iditarod race as well as 20-25 minutes of dog sledding. Please allow an additional 45 minutes for transportation to and from the dock, a safety briefing, and outfitting of glacier boots.
Provided: Glacier Boots.
- Total Tour time is approximately 3 hours, including ground transport from your cruiseship to heliport
- Actual flight time is 30 minutes; time at dogsled camp is approximately 1 hour
- Please choose a tour starting one hour after your ship is scheduled to arrive
- Pickup location is Mt. Roberts Tramway
- Bags can be checked at base; you may have camera around your neck and or in pockets, as you need to have arms free while boarding